Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So I don't cheat right away ...

So as not to start the year off cheating, here are two photos I took tonight of my daughters. Both of these were taken in our living room with flash bounced off of the ceiling. Due to the combination of bright clothing, lights on in the living room and the flash there were some lovely (not) color casts on these so I converted them to black and white.

IMG_2505
Date Taken: January 1, 2008
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 75 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Flash: Flash fired / FEC +2/3

IMG_2504
Date Taken: January 1, 2008
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 30 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Flash: Flash fired / FEC +2/3

Based on the short amount of playing that I did, I know that I want to work on:
  • Nailing down how exactly my flash works. I've had it for ages and struggle every time I use it either under exposing things or blowing out highlights.
  • Using custom white balance
  • Figuring out the metering modes on the 40d. Since the Canon Digital Rebel picked for me I'm not exactly sure how each of the modes works and which I should use in each situation.

No comments: