Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 32: Shooting the Moon


Shooting the Moon, originally uploaded by Visions By Vicky.

This week I had intended to take a picture of my oldest daughter at the first college we toured but I forgot my camera. I had happened to take some shots of the moon because some of my friends were posting moon shots so I thought I'd share one of those this week.

The longest lens I own is an old Sigma 70-300 that I had with my old 35mm Canon. It doesn't really work with my new digital SLRs. I can only shoot with it if I have the lens wide open so while I would have preferred to shoot this at about f11, I had to settle for f5.6.

Date Taken: August 7, 2009
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Sigma DL 75-300mm f4-5.6
Exposure: 1/200
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off
Exposure Program: Manual

If you are interested in more of my moon shots, you can see them in my Facebook Moon Shots Album.

No comments: