Sunday, January 2, 2011

Raindrops on Leaves


Raindrops on leaves, originally uploaded by Visions By Vicky.
It's a rainy, cold (for us anyway) winter day in Los Angeles so I went out to try to capture some raindrops. This was taken in my backyard with a Sigma 75-300mm 4.0-5.6 lens that only works wide open on my camera. The optics in this lens are not the best but I wanted a macro feel so it worked. The picture had lots of purple fringing especially on the big raindrop but this was easily fixed in Photoshop. I wish I hadn't blown out the raindrop but I like the feel of the photo anyway.

Date Taken: January 2, 2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Sigma 75-300mm 4.0-5.6
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure: 1/125
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 1000
Flash: Off, Did not fire

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Very nice! I like water drop pictures.