Saturday, February 5, 2011

Green Abstraction

I headed over to The Daily Shoot and saw that the assignment for the day was Go abstract today and make a photograph that focuses on form and color rather than detail.

Now, I have a problem thinking abstractly. I am way too left-brained. My first attempt at this had me taking pictures of chocolate covered cherries and one of the hipstamatic shots was somewhat abstract and did emphasize a cherry color but I wasn't really thrilled with these.

I happened to glance out the window and notice the fronds on the fan palm under our lemon tree and went to get my camera and try again. I definitely feel that this is more abstract and focuses more on color and the lines of the palm frond.

Date Taken: February 5, 2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Canon 50mm 1.4
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure: 1/80
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed : 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

No comments: