Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 40: Another Interruption

Yes, I will get back to My Favorite Things, but at the moment I'm in OMG the yearbook is due in 8 days and nothing is done mode so it's more from my Nutcracker photos. This one is of my younger daughter (the shorter but older one in this photo) and a friend before a performance. They were both dressed in their skater costumes ready for the Saturday matinee to begin. This one is clearly taken with flash. I need to work on the best way to take photos in situations like this where there is nothing to bounce the flash off of and the photo needs to be taken in a hurry. I'm not sure what to do in these types of situations and taking photos at dance performances and at school I often run in to them. What do you do? At this point, in order to capture the shot, I just use my flash and take the photo anyway. I did have the flash exposure compensation dialed down on my flash unit but I'm not sure what the setting was since the camera doesn't capture that.
IMG_1476
Date Taken: December 8, 2007
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Canon 85mm 1.8
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 85 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 2/3 EV
Flash: Flash fired

No comments: