Monday, January 17, 2011

Soft Petals


Soft Petals, originally uploaded by Visions By Vicky.
Again today, I looked to The Daily Shoot for an idea. The assignment was "Make a photograph with a soft look today."

I took some shots of the inside of my knock-off Ugg like boots and I see that Erin Berg had the same idea. I took some pictures of Nemo, our cat, and see that Vicki Lynn Clark and others had the same idea. I took some shots of my daughter's Pillow Pet.

I just wasn't really sure that any of them really conveyed soft. That's when I headed out to our rose bushes. There are a few "on their way to dying" roses left so I took some shots using a very shallow depth of field. I then processed these with very little contrast so that the whole photo would feel soft.

Date Taken: January 17, 2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure: 1/320
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 75 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

I shot with ISO 400 so I could get a fast shutter speed because there was a little breeze today and I didn't want to have motion blur.

No comments: