Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Uprooted by the wind

Today's Daily Shoot assignment was Pretend you're a stringer for your local newspaper today. Make a photo that captures something newsworthy to you. I really didn't think there would be anything truly newsworthy at school - or anything I could post since I can't post pictures of the kids - but I brought my camera anyway.

As I stood in the office for a few minutes, child after child kept coming in telling the secretary that a tree had fallen. It was really windy today and it uprooted one of the pear trees in the courtyard at school. Apparently, pear trees don't have very deep roots. No one was outside when it happened and it didn't do any damage to any of the buildings but it was definitely an attraction all day long!

Date Taken: February 2, 2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Canon 85mm 1.8
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure: 1/125
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 85 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

No comments: